Mohammed Kudus struck twice in a pulsating recreation as Ghana beat South Korea 3-2 to register their first win in World Cup Group H.
South Korea had all of the early strain, forcing seven corners within the first 20 minutes, nevertheless it was Mohammed Salisu who gave Ghana the lead in opposition to the run of play after a goalmouth scramble (24).
Kudus doubled the benefit (34) with a precision glancing header after a superbly delivered Jordan Ayew cross from the left-hand facet.
Cho Gue Tune scored two quick-fire headers to convey South Korea again on stage phrases across the hour-mark, earlier than Kudus added his second of the sport within the 68th minute with a well-taken end to make it 3-2.
Salisu was compelled to clear off the road late on to make sure Ghana got here away from the Training Metropolis Stadium with all three factors, protecting their hopes of qualifying for the knockout phases effectively and really alive.
Huge moments within the recreation…
- 4 min: Cho Gue Tune is inches away from connecting with a cross from the byline to offer South Korea an early lead.
- 8 min: Jeong Woo-Yeong’s effort is diverted behind, with Ghana finally clearing their traces after an almighty goalmouth scramble following the nook.
- 24 min:Mohammed Salisu heads Ghana into the lead in opposition to the run of play regardless of a VAR verify after the ball strayed ominously near Andre Ayew’s arm within the build-up.
- 34 min: Mohammed Kudus doubles Ghana’s lead with a glancing header after a superbly delivered cross by Jordan Ayew from the left facet.
- 58 min: Cho Gue Tune heads South Korea again into the sport
- 61: min: One other good header from Cho Gue Tune will get South Korea stage
- 68: min: Mohammed Kudus slots house to reinstate Ghana’s lead
- 78: min: Mohamed Salisu clears off the road for Ghana
- 90+4: min: Ghana goalkeeper Lawrence Ati denies Cho Gue Tune with an awesome save
What does the end result imply?
Ghana’s first win of the match means they’re in charge of their very own future when it comes to qualifying for the knockout phases heading into their final match in opposition to Uruguay on Friday.
South Korea can nonetheless qualify for the knockout phases however they might want to beat Portugal of their final group recreation on Friday.
What else occurred on the World Cup on Monday?
Cameroon stored alive their faint hopes of reaching the spherical of 16 after substitute Vincent Aboubakar impressed a breathless comeback in a 3-3 draw with Serbia in Group G.
Jean-Charles Castelletto gave Cameroon an early lead earlier than Strahinja Pavlovic and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic scored within the house of two-and-a-half minutes to offer Serbia a half-time lead.
Aleksandar Mitrovic prolonged that lead additional earlier than Aboubakar and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting accomplished the comeback for Cameroon.